Saturday, January 28, 2012

ikea + square burger + dinosaurs

After feeling a bit sorry for myself last week, the weather brightened and Friday arrived which meant hubs was home. We did a lots exploring around town. Went to dinner with our friends from back home that recently moved to Dallas as well. Two cranky and tired toddlers tagged along with us which made dinner a little bit of a struggle, but it was so nice to see some familiar faces and talk about our new city. Then I made my first trip to Ikea. I was speechless. It was way cool and also way cheap. The child area was my favorite and I had to resist penciling in all the item numbers on my list. It's so big you actually have to write down your item list then go pick stuff up on your way out. Let me just say it will blow your mind.

We also explored McKinney a bit more which has a beautiful, historic downtown. Lots of cute shops, but we mainly zeroed in on food and found the most amazing place called Square Burger. It's so good I can barely stop thinking about it. All of their burgers come with a fried pickle. Stop it… and they have a great beer list and a great kids menu and I could go on and on and on, but I'll just show you my plate and our happy faces.
t-burger
Next, we went to the Heard Natural Science Museum to see their dinosaur exhibit. Yes y'all we saw dinosaurs in Texas. It was very random and probably better suited for bigger kids, but it was such a pretty day we just loved being outside. I mean, 70 in January? I could get used to this real quick.
IMG_9315 dino IMG_9310
So, after all our fun sweet Moosh came down with a 102 fever Sunday night. She was so sad and hot and just wanted to literally lay on my chest and be held. Her fever went down after I alternated between ibuprofen & acetometaphin every 3 hours. I had no idea you could do that, but worked like a charm. She's still been fighting a terrible sinus thing all week, but I think she's slowly getting better. I'm quite sure she picked it up from day school. All those dirty little hands and runny noses. Sweet, because now mommy and daddy are sick. We are a pitiful bunch for sure so I'm off to buy a humidifier and more kleenex and definitely more hand sanitizer… sniffle, sniffle.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are are settling in and exploring. It looks like fun! Sorry about the sickness. Try the kleenex cool touch. Not sure what it is about them but they are soo nice on the sore nose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam is precious. So precious. Glad she is feeling better.

    Ahh... so glad you had your first Ikea experience. Isn't it amazing?!?!

    Hope y'all are settling in well. Have had you on my mind!

    ReplyDelete