Thursday, October 4, 2012

october tunes

I love music. Since I work from home you can bet there is something playing in the background pretty much all the time. It instantly lifts my mood and makes the house feel alive even when it's just me. Music while I'm cooking, music during dinner, and music while I work. A lot of time it's just Pandora, which is amazing, but I'm also listening to new tunes I've downloaded or my new favorite radio station KXT. Dallas has some seriously good radio. I like to think I'm pretty on trend and in the know about new bands, but since I am rarely going to shows anymore, my brother is usually my go to for what's cool & new. Our parents passed along their love of music and you can always count on Momma to have her ipod playing in the house. I'm hoping to pass that along to Miriam as well and that time can't come soon enough, because the toddler tunes cd's on heavy rotation in the car are wearing me out!

Some I've bought, but a lot I've gotten off Noise Trade which sends you emails with new artists. You can listen to sample songs, then download the whole thing for free! Also, Bearings, which is really a mens guide so maybe I like boy music - ha, but they always suggest some great small band with their newsletter. And finally, Rdio is kind of like Pandora, but shows you what's popular in various genres - love this. Here's what I've downloaded lately…

The Deep Dark Wood
Futurebirds  (athens band)
Shovels & Rope
Avett Brothers (always a fave)
Buddy Miller (love his cd with his wife)
The Kingston Springs
Alabama Shakes (heard at AMA & they're blowin' up)
Edward Sharpe (entire new CD is great)
Andrew Bird
Amos Lee (mission bell cd)
Escondido (small EP)
Jason Isbell
Kopecky Family Band


and if you missed Mumford & Sons + Emmy Lou belting out their music together, believe me… it is so worth watching!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... we like a lot of the same music. I can thank my husband for keeping me in the know. We would LOVE to see a Mumford and Sons show. Going to see the Avett Brothers again next week... still love them, too!

    ReplyDelete