Wednesday, October 24, 2012

pumpkins and such

There's too much to share and too little time, so here's my random thoughts and pictures and life lately. The neighborhood seems alive. Folks are walking, playing in the yard, and leaves are slowly beginning to change. Pumpkins are out and once even got painted. The air is extra crisp so more sweaters are hanging on the entry hooks and I continue to spruce the house and move things around. I'm never really done. I bought these old botanical charts at a market last week for like $8 so I found 'em a home. I suppose they're a little weird and of course I love them. Trevor… not so much, but I'm fine with that! Brother Will was in the Big D for business (my little rockstar salesman) so I was rearranging furniture and fluffing the guest room. Nothing like a house guest to get you inspired.
IMG_3094 IMG_3010 IMG_2999
He treated us to a night on the town and even thought dinner wasn't 'til 8:30 (yawn) I managed to keep up. We sipped the best margaritas I've ever had at Komali and talked football with the manager there who used to live in Knoxville. We ate incredible food, told funny stories, and shared the latest and greatest news going on.
will-mimers
IMG_1687
Since I've been on a major patio furniture mission, I trekked out to Mckinney and hit the jackpot. ORLY Market + antique/junk shops galore. Trevor works out there so I've been, but this was my morning to seriously explore and do some digging. Sure enough, I found us some amazing retro chairs and even baby Moosh got her own mini version. Awesome downtown with great building and special shops.
IMG_1635 orly-mkt
I also think I had the best sandwich of my life at Patina Green. That's two "best of's "in one post, but durn it it's the truth. Ham, smoked cheddar, jalapeno bread, & pepper jelly. I'd go back right this second if I could. And wouldn't you believe it… here came my brother & his co-worker walking down the sidewalk for a meeting. Lordy y'all, the coincidences in this world are something else. Not only do I never go to Mckinney to have lunch with T, but I didn't even tell Will I was going and had no idea he was going. Weird.
mckinney-day IMG_1659
CHECK OUT THE AMAZING WALLPAPER (THEY SELL IT TOO)
IMG_1685
And I'll leave you with a pic from "pajama day." She was so confused about wearing her pajamas to school, but now she wants to do it every day. Sweet. And don't even get me started on her new boots. They're the cutest things I've ever seen. I mean, mini moccasins, what? Ridiculous and I love 'em.
IMG_3021

4 comments:

  1. Love the chairs and the mini mocs! adorbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just precious! I love the botanical charts- super jealous of them, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of precious Miriam. I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever come visit--- take me to eat that sandwich! Precious M... she's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete