Wednesday, September 29, 2010

back to business

IMG_3304
I've been putting it off a bit. Dragging it out and yet missing it at the same time, but it's back to business. Momma's gotta get to work. Currier has been holding down the fort, but I think she misses me… and darlin', I miss you too! We're two peas in a pod and Tenn Hens is gonna get back in groove. Hubs now has a job on his days off from school so my first step is finding some help. As with everything, it's a little harder than I imagined finding a nanny. Thankfully, I found a company that does the work for you. They're bringing 3 candidates by tomorrow and I'm crossing my fingers one of them will have a really good vibe. I left there feeling excited and headed to the grocery. I know like four people in this town and yet I always seem to run into someone there. And so I did. My friend Winsy and I were chatting over produce (about nannies & childcare, etc.) when this cute girl introduced herself. She'd overheard our conversation and couldn't help but chime in. Turns out she's had a hard time finding a job out of college so she's looking for nanny work. This sounds bizarre, but I'm pretty intuitive about people and she seemed very, very normal. Who knows, but wouldn't that be just fate if it worked out?! Being in the right place, at the right time. Timing is everything.

I got home and Miriam was in such a happy little mood. Giggling, bubbling and all of a sudden I couldn't imagine leaving her with someone else. But I know good and well I've got it good. Working from home and being able to spend more time than most being with my baby. So I'm forging ahead and going to figure it out as I go. As long as at the end of the day… she still loves me best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment