Tuesday, September 29, 2009

one radical idea

I admit it's a weakness, but I am drawn to a few terrible reality shows out there. One is "The Real Housewives" & "The Rachel Zoe Project." Husband things they're repulsive and they are, but I can't seem to stop flipping to that darn Bravo channel. However, I've redeemed myself the last two evenings by watching PBS. If you haven't been watching, you're missing an incredible documentary by Ken Burns... The National Parks : America's Best Idea. The scenery alone is incredible, but the story behind all of these places in our country that came to be, is even more fascinating. It took one, very radical idea! Thank goodness we had some early conservation pioneers like John Muir, who was truly inspiring.

Maybe this tv trend will continue and I'll swear off the "housewives" forever. Umm, probably not, but at least I'm mixing it up!

wallpaper_muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir

wallpaper_yosemite

"As long as I live, I'll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I'll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I'll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can." John Muir

2 comments:

  1. We have been dvring this and watcedh the first one last night and loved it - amazing stuff! lkb

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE those pictures and i love that quote. thanks bonnie!

    ReplyDelete