Saturday, September 19, 2009

a worthy feast

We got married a little over a year ago and had been living in my condo. I loved the townhouse, but it really lacked in space. I mean, we were very cozy in there. My point is, because of our lack in space we never really unpacked wedding gifts. I left everything in boxes at my parents, awaiting the day we moved somewhere bigger and could unload all of the beautiful things.

Well, we don't have any more space in the new casa, but it was time to break out the new Match plates the other night. I think they're really fabulous, even though husband complains you can't microwave them. Yes, they have a metal rim so that would not be good, but hey, we probably shouldn't be nuking our food very often anyway. At least they're dishwasher friendly. Love, love, love them.

IMG_7589

I was feeling pretty confident after watching a little Food Network so I attempted cooking flank steak and oh my goodness, it was so good. I'll probably never repeat this good fortune, but it was divine. And check out big buddy below my feet - waiting for any little morsel to drop!

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I LOVE the Match dinner plates. I have a few of the Arte Italica serving pieces and want to go back and get all the Match or AI dinner plates and bowls, too. I didn't get married too long ago but I already want to go back and get all new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that came up as anonymous. It's Molly. And the flank steak looks fabulous too. What was in your marinade?
    mw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweet Molly - you commented on the blog. Love you! Marinated in lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cayenne pepper and some coriander if you have it.

    Had a ball catching up with you Saturday - you and Hunter have quite the moves on the dance floor too!

    ReplyDelete