Tuesday, September 22, 2009

twang thang

I haven't had a wild night out in quite a while. Maybe that's why I was ready to hit the town in a big way last Thursday. We (Tenn Hens) have been working on this project for the last couple months and it was finally here - The 9th annual Americana Honors & Awards at the Ryman.

So Currier (my biz partner), Lauren (my cuz) and I pulled on our boots and hit the town. We started at the Hutton Hotel's swanky new bar with some cocktails and nibbles. Apparently it's the place to be, because we ran into some soon-to-be-famous musicians - "urr-la-la" and a very notable former senator/doctor around town.

IMG_7611

IMG_7602

IMG_7610

Of course the performance at the "mother church" did not disappoint. I fell in love with Justin Townes Earle in his cranberry red 3-piece corduroy suit. Maybe I should get Trevor one to sport around G-ville. Then we might really make some new friends quick!

IMG_7622

IMG_7634

The party train continued into the evening. A friend was kind enough to get us all home safely, but not before spinning us around town with the top down and tunes turned up.

convertible2

No comments:

Post a Comment