Monday, December 7, 2009

weekend of nesting

Our big night out Friday, at the galleries over on Pendleton, was so much fun. We met some very friendly artists and did a bit of holiday shopping. The night ended early though and I almost crawled into bed at 8:30. Seriously. I stayed up a bit longer though enjoying my December issue of Vogue. I get lost in all the gorgeous frocks and feel immediately transported somewhere very chic and cool. Saturday, hubs was not feeling too hot so I escaped from the house while he rested and did a little more gift shopping. I really wanted to support the local shops this year - no malls for moi. I say that, but I'm sure I'll end up in one eventually before Christmas. I started at Emporium which is downtown and they have all sorts of funky gifts. Then walked over to Mayme Baker Studio. I'd seen her stuff before at antique mall, but her store is precious! You have to spend a little time just looking up, down and around, because there is so much stuff. I could have bought a pile of things just for myself. I scored something very cool for mums, but I couldn't leave with out a shiny new ornament for our house - three dangling glittery peace signs!

mayme-baker1

We haven't done much (any really) decorating at the bungalow since we won't be here, but we do have the stockings up. They are courtesy of Marilyn, my mother in law. Hubs has had his for a while of course, but mine is new - given to me last Christmas. They are seriously special and I love that they were hand sewn by Marilyn. In fact, she's probably already working on the next one for a little baby to be.

IMG_8667

No comments:

Post a Comment