Monday, November 8, 2010

open studios

My friend, Mary Bennett, and I ventured out first thing Saturday morning to Open Studios in Greenville. I went last year with hubs, but I have to say this year was so much better. Sorry darlin. We met some incredibly cool folks and left totally inspired. And it didn't hurt that MB brought me a pumpkin-spice-latte. She knows how to really get me smiling and chatty! We spent most of our time in the Pendleton St. area which is an old mill village. There are some great buildings and the artistic community has been the pioneers to move in and make it cool again.
IMG_4177
Art Bomb is this huge space so we wandered in the studios, each one different than the next. A little something for everyone. We both fell in love with the work of Diane Kilgore Condon. Her colors and imagery just spoke to me in such a peaceful, happy way. The two sweet buddy dogs in the studio kept rubbing and leaning up against my leg for a good scratch. Diane had such a cool vibe and we could've stayed all morning.
diane.k.condon
IMG_4185
IMG_4182
We also visited Knack studio, which I've discussed here before. I was thrilled to introduce myself to Barb, the woman behind all the amazing furniture. She is one cool chick and her business has seriously taken off. I've been following her blog since I moved to Greenville and she is just as wonderful in person as I'd expected. Blogs are a huge source of inspiration for me so it was a real treat. Plus it felt very empowering to see someone really "making it" in the design world and to hear about the opportunities she's made for herself. {she's working on a book!!} You can check out more of her work on design*sponge and Southern Living is doing an upcoming feature as well. Happy times!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photos, Bonnie! Thanks for going with me. I had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete