Wednesday, April 21, 2010

bun in the oven

Way on back, when I was in middle school, I was given a nickname by my friends: Bonnie Buns. I don't even remember how it started, but let me tell ya… it stuck. And sure enough, it's continued. Though it's been shortened to just "Buns," to this day there are a few friends who still use this on a regular basis. Needless to say, a "bun in the oven" recently became very fitting. And so the theme of my baby shower was born. Miss Currier, my biz partner, illustrated the whole design and did such a nice job. I have to brag on her just a little. You could say it has a little spunk in the copy.

IMG_9917
IMG_9907
IMG_9926

We mixed old stamps I'd collected with the cool new abstract art ones that just came out. The art ones are great because they're oversize. And I just love the mix. Adds some flair to the envelope.

IMG_9942

7 comments:

  1. So adorable!! Love the invitations and the stamps are such a special added touch! You girls are so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.my.gosh. i love it. the invite, the type, the packaging, stamps. all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie! I am in love with these invites. I'm always looking for something that's not so saccharine for baby showers, and these are right up my alley. ADORE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute. the invites are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sick to have missed the shindig. i have gotten SO many comments on the invite. it'll be staying up on my fridge as decor for a while even though it has come and gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stinkin cute!! love the mixture of stamps too and the white on red. and yay for being back in nash-town.

    btw - i've got a new giveaway for some vintage glam! i hope you'll check it out wild-and-precious.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable and so original! Love them!

    ReplyDelete