Tuesday, April 6, 2010

craving for the sea

A little pat on the back… I made the best dinner last night. Half good for ya and half not. That seems to be my mantra lately as I try and eat well and yet always end up treating myself to something sweet at night.

The recipe was in the latest House Beautiful mag and though I spilled my entire coffee on the page, it was super easy to follow. I was a bit suspicious of canned salmon, but it was no big deal. Just like tuna fish. And hey, anything fried? Well, it's gotta be good. I served the salmon cakes with a salad and hot darn, even made my own dressing. I tell ya, that is about the easiest thing to do. Little lemon juice, garlic, salt + pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil and there ya go. Hubs made a little remoulade and that really added some pizazz to the whole dish. Seriously good.

Crispy Salmon Cakes via Dollars to Donuts cookbook
{fyi: I added a little Old Bay + little lemon juice to my mix}

IMG_0390
IMG_0396

3 comments:

  1. oh yum!!!! you made me so hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh- I am on day 2 of a 3 day juice cleanse, and the sight of those salmon cakes are killing me! They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks delicious! i love crab cakes (i love anything fried) so the salmon should be just as tastey!

    ReplyDelete