Monday, March 8, 2010

daddy needs a drink

As the red carpet rolled on in the background Sunday evening, I curled up with my favorite magazine: Garden & Gun. Don't let the title fool ya. I want nothing to do with guns and hubs is definitely not a hunter, but I'm telling you… this magazine is ridiculously good. The writing, the photography and the variety of subject matter - I love every single bit. We actually argue over who gets to read it first.

One of the absurdly funny articles was entitled, "Fetch Daddy a Drink." First off, I don't know a single man that wouldn't love to reel that off at the end of the day. Let's just not overdo it. I'm speaking directly to the men in my family. Yes you.

Here's a snippet that got me going… "I have three badly behaved children and a damn good bird dog. My Brittany spaniel is far more biddable and obedient than my daughters, and has a better nose than my son." Umm, hilarious. I've scanned it in case you want a giggle. And I highly recommend a subscription. It's a must if you're Southern and even if you're not, I still think it's a must. I'm just sayin'.

{ click on photo then select "all sizes" above pic in flickr and it will open larger }
daddy_article

daddy_article2

2 comments:

  1. I just read this article last night. I am also a huge G&G fan...This month's also made me crave oysters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this magazine..reminds me of home! good ole virginny!

    ReplyDelete