Tuesday, March 2, 2010

a healthy dose

I've always had an earthy vibe to my soul, but we really jumped on the trend a few years ago. I'm talking the organic food trend. Now, I'm no saint. I, by no means, turn my nose at a Krystal hamburger every once in awhile! But… when we cook at home I really try and eat good food. The organic staples I always buy are milk, eggs, and meat. And we love going to the farmers market in the warmer months. There was a wonderful csa we used to subscribe to every week back home. It wasn't certified organic, but it was local and everything was delicious. So much better than what you could find in the Kroger aisles. The Greenville downtown market is supposed to be amazing so I can't wait for the warmer weather. Do I sound like a broken record? Seems I'm obsessed with discussing the weather lately. In fact, hubs jokes that I'm his weather vane because I always have pulse on what's happening outside. And just so you know there are puffy white flakes falling quickly outside my window. I'll move on.

Speaking of healthy stuff, have you heard about Food Inc.? It's a movie that's been on our list for a while now and I just discovered it on On Demand. Apparently, it's a must see and contains really important information about our food system. Check out this neat spread I found on stephmodo… seems like a good reference to hang on to, except that it means I've been buying all wrong now!

clean15

2 comments:

  1. I am the exact same- I have that mag article tucked in my purse, but never can find it when I need it. Maybe I need to come up with some sort of nemonic device to remember. Like you I really try hard especially with eggs, meat and milk. However, when you need a Krystal, or perhaps some Chick-Fil-A, all good intentions go out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man- i really want to see food inc but i'm kinda scared....i need to watch it though! i feel so much better when i go through my healthy phases!

    ReplyDelete